Monday, October 19, 2020

2020: comedy re-uncovered by jennifer hetrick through rainn wilson & eric wareheim.

 

every once in a while, i think of this clip and quoting by eric wareheim's character, gabor, from season 9 episode 13 of the office, and i bust out laughing to myself gleefully; it always bumps up any level of mood i'm in at a given time.

i recently shared this quote and clip with a friend in joking about less-spoken of superpowers we have in the world. two of hers were that she rode a motorcycle decades ago (not always seen as a female-specific skill and pastime, and even less in the past) and that she can push her car, a 1979 MGB LE, when it breaks down at an intersection or elsewhere while driving. my thus far identified superpowers shall remain unnamed. =)

gabor's part in speaking about his superpowers is about 2 minutes into this clip, but the entire snippet is worth seeing, in my humor-loving opinion. 

eric wareheim is from the duo of tim and eric awesome show, great job! it aired on cartoon network from 2007 to 2010, and i have at least one or two of the seasons as DVDs. eric grew up in audobon, montgomery county, not far from where frank grew up in royersford. i can't remember if frank and i ever talked about eric or his co-comedian, tim heidecker, but i know he would want me to inject comedy into these posts whenever damn possible, so i am obliging via his heart here and also because i just love these scenes so darn much.

below, i'm including some of the dialogue from my favorite part, and the first part for context, followed by the clip itself.

— jennifer hetrick 

Dwight: When I was young, I spent several years at a private school where I was told I would be taught to harness my mutant abilities. Turned out it was a conman copying Charles Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters from the X-Men comic books. Took me years to figure out that it was a con. Some people never figured it out.

Gabor: Oh, I have a few powers. Night hearing. Dogs understand where I point. And our training included picking carrots, scrubbing tubs, sewing imitation Levi’s. A lot of telemarketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment